Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zachary

I own 3 calf roping horses that are getting up in age that require hock injections every 3-4 months. Will they need to continue this regiment if taking LubriSyn? I also have a horse that has had some trauma that has caused a chip in his right coffin bone. Injections seem to help but don’t make him feel well enough for regular use. Will LubriSyn help him?

Steve Allday

Yes, it is possible that if you place these calf roping horses on LubriSyn that they may need fewer or no more hock injections. A lot of this will depend on the amount of work you place on them and other factors like: the number of times they are run at ropings, the amount of practice runs they need at home, the amount of arthritis in their hocks and their conformation.
    As far as the coffin joint is concerned, the fragment in the joint is of some concern. In addition the amount of changes in the joint associated with the chip fragment will also give an indication of just how well you should expect this joint to prove by adding LubriSyn. Furthermore, the number of times the joint has required injections will also help in making a good prognostic call on results that you should see. Please supply some more information and I will help any way that I can.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.