Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    luckyluckylucky
    Participant

Hello, I hope you all can help!  A couple of days ago after training my horse, I noticed some inflammation on the front of his pastern. It was hot, so I ran the cold water hose on it. The next day my vet came and looked at it. He said he thought it was ringbone.  I never saw this before and my vet said its mainly cosmetic, but I am concerned.  Is hosing it the thing to do?  I just want to make sure I am treating it right. He has not taken a lame step on it, but it does carry a elevated amount of heat compared to the other leg, but is not sore when my vet squeezed it.

Help! He has some big shows coming up and I am not sure which rout I should take.

Thanks for taking the time to read my letter!

Cindy

Alex Hassinger

Cindy,

At this point you are doing the right thing, and yes the cold hose will help. The fact that he is not lame is good. Dependent on his age and severity would determine his future. It might be important at this time to have this area xrayed and at least that will give you a baseline of where the injury stands “today”. Seeing that ring bone is arthritis, we have had a lot of people use LubriSynHA successfuly on horses with this condition.

Keep us posted on his progress.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.