Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Freedom1992
    Participant

Long time listener, first time caller… lol.

My husband just bought his first horse, and I was wondering now that we are officially horse owners, what organizations would be best for us to join or be a part of.

Alex Hassinger

The great thing about the horse community is that there are many different groups to join and that affords you the opportunity to be exposed to other trainers, breeders and discipline specific breed organizations. Most groups are regional and nationwide and are easy to join. There are opportunities to join specific breed groups depending on the breed of your horse, for example, The American Paint Horse Organization supports the Paint Horse breed and is nationwide and also supports regional shows and organizations. There are also discipline specific organizations that are available if you are involved in hunters/jumpers, trail riding, dressage, team roping, cutting horses etc. You can do an internet search for the breed or discipline specific sector your involved in.

JackieH
    Participant

Dreaming of Three, it is a non-profit organization where you can ride at local shows anywhere in the country and donate back to charities such as Cancer Society, Heart Association, St. Jude’s and animal rescues through a percentage of your earnings in the arena, or pledging an amount per hour in the saddle.    There is no membership fee, just a opportunity to give back through your passion of horses.  Many benefits such as discounts and incentive program to earn Rewards.

Alex Hassinger

Thanks JackieH!

JackieH
    Participant

No problem.  🙂  Cathy R sent me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.